Welcome to ‘It’s My Town’, the participatory newspaper that allows visitors to share content through this site via the internet. The following terms and conditions form a binding agreement between you (the “User”, “Visitor”, “Contributor”) and ‘It’s My Town’.
SERVICES: ‘It’s My Town’ provides an online platform for sharing community news. We offer members of the community a site to share stories, news, opinions, classified ads, local events, photos, videos and community announcements in a welcoming environment.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS: ‘It’s My Town’ requires all users that submit content abide by the following terms and conditions:
- Where requested you must give your full name, email address and telephone number.
- You agree to provide only true, current and accurate registration information.
- You confirm that you agree with our “Terms of Service and Use” and that you will be responsible for all content submitted under your registered name. Note that you may not authorize anyone else’s use under your name.
- You agree to abide by all applicable provincial, national and foreign laws and regulations in connection with your use of this site, including data privacy, international communications and the transmission of technical or personal data.
- You respect the copyright of others and do not plagiarize other peoples work. We encourage you to submit original content, videos and photos. Do not submit another persons work as your own. “Fair Use” Please attribute all information you get from other sources, including people, TV, websites, blogs, or news publications. You may not republish someone else’s copyrighted material.
- As a “Contributor” and “User”, you assume responsible for any content (e.g., stories, announcements, classified ads or event listings, comments on any stories) that you submit to this site and agree that any content for which you are responsible will not:
-Disclose or provide information protected under any law, agreement or fiduciary relationship, including but not limited to proprietary or confidential information of others.
-Be false, inaccurate, mislead or in a way cause harm or damage the reputation of others.: Violate the privacy, publicity, or other rights of third parties. Is discriminatory, unlawful, obscene, harmful, fraudulent, pornographic, defamatory, , threatening, indecent, vulgar, harassing, discourteous, hateful, abusive or racially, ethnically, religiously, sexually or otherwise offensive, as determined by us at our sole discretion. Misrepresent the source of the content you submit. Infringe the copyright, trademark or other intellectual property or proprietary right of others. Advocate or encourage any illegal activity or violate any laws. Contain any web threat, virus, trojan horse, worm, time bomb, cancelbot, or other disabling device or harmful component intended to damage, detrimentally interfere with, stealthily intercept or expropriate any content, information, data, system, or personal information.
- You authorize us to use, reproduce, distribute and publicly display the content you provide or submit to ‘It’s My Town’.
- ‘It’s My Town’ reserves the right to decide whether any content is inappropriate or not in compliance with these Terms of Service and Use and may, at it’s own discretion, remove any content and/or suspend or terminate your use of the services at any time, without prior notice.
- It’s My Town reserves the right to change or updated these terms and conditions at any time, without warning.
DISCLAIMER: The opinions, views and comments expressed in the ‘It’s My Town’ are those of the individual “Contributor” or “User”, and do not necessarily reflect the beliefs of ‘It’s My Town’. We do not endorse opinions, recommendations or advice, and disclaim any liability in connection with all submitted content. ‘It’s My Town’ assumes no responsibility for the use or content in external websites which link to our sites, or that our sites link to. In addition, unless expressly stated otherwise, ‘It’s My Town’ does not consider outbound links to external websites as endorsements. It is therefore solely up to the visitor to take precautions to avoid damages which may result from use of any links.
COPYRIGHT: ‘It’s My Town’ respects the copyright of others and expects that “contributors” and “users” to do the same. We do not tolerate plagiarism. The “contributor” and “user” are solely responsible for the content that they upload, in that they fully grant and warrant that they are the owner of all submitted material and expressly grant ‘It’s My Town’ the royalty free, non-exclusive, irrevocable, right and license to use, publish, distribute and translate submitted such material, in whole or in part. You are solely responsible for any damage that may arise from submitting any material that is protected by copyright. It is your responsibility to determine whether the material you submit is protected by copyright. Although you retain the copyright to any material that you submit, you also permit other users to distribute such material, for example, via email, Facebook or other similar sites. All other material provided in all of our site is the property of ‘It’s My Town’ unless otherwise stated and said material may not be copied, reproduced, distributed, republished, downloaded, posted or transmitted in any form without the prior written permission of the copyright owner outside of fair dealing / fair use, unless otherwise stated.
FLAMING AND BAITING POLICY: Flaming, the hostile and insulting interaction between internet users, will not be tolerated. Flamers, that create a hostile environment and bait other users where respectful discourse is quashed in favour of hostility, abuse or insults, will have their comments removed. As will the users who respond in a non-constructive or hostile manner. We won’t stand for it and it is at the sole discretion of the editors at ‘It’s My Town’ to remove any comments deemed as such.